1. Unit Vocabulary terms
2. Videos on Text structure
3. Notebook Practice
Today's Learning Target:
Identify signal words of 5 common text structures.
Analyze in detail the structure of a paragraph including the roles of signal words and particular sentences.
Text Structure: the way information is organized in a piece of text.
Develop: to expand using details
Refine: To make more explicit or focused.
The 5 main text structures we are going to focus on include:
5 Common ways to structure or organize information in a text.
1. Highlight "signal words" or phrases that help you determine
which text structure is used.
2. Underline the key phrases.
3. Use the key phrases to fill out a graphic organizer for each passage.
Text Structure Review
1. Click the document to view a Power Point presentation on Text Structure.
2. Click each graphic organizer below to see a short video description of each Text Structure.