Warm UP: What do you know about bats?
Fluency Practice - Bats: Misunderstood Mammals
1. You will have 1 minute to whisper read the passage aloud to yourself. As you read, pay special attention to words that you have trouble pronouncing as well as words that are unfamiliar to you.
2. As a class we will go over the troublesome words and practice their pronunciation and talk about their meanings.
3. You will have 1 minute to whisper read the passage aloud to yourself a second time.
Learning Target: Writing An Objective 10% Summary
1. Create a topic sentence that conveys the central idea with S "T" A r t (Source, "Title" Author, right verb, topic sentence)
2. 2-4 supporting ideas written in our own words
3. Written in a coherent paragraph that makes sense / 10% in length
Objective Summaries are graded in multiple categories:
Success Criteria: (see above for success criteria)
2. Constructing Writing 3A: Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to the task, purpose and audience
success criteria: must meet all underlined words)
3. Constructing Writing 3B: Develop and Strengthen writing by planning, revising, and editing as needed.
- thinking is planned out on summary worksheet
- clear signs of editing on worksheet/draft paper
- draft has been strengthened through revision
success criteria: indent, capitalization, punctuation, spelling, grammar, makes sense
Video Information About Bats
| || |
Constructing Writing - Timed Writing Sample
Success Criteria for Writing:
- complete sentences that make sense
- transition words or phrases between topics or ideas
- clear signs of revision or editing
- correct punctuation
- correct capitalization
- correct grammar usage