1. SRI Make Up Tests
2. Read The Outsiders, Chapter 10
3. Comprehension Questions and Cause & Effect
4. Blog Post
5. Review Puzzles and Weebly Games
SRI Make Up Tests
The Outsiders Chapter 10, page 150
Comprehension Questions and Cause & Effect
Blogger Assignment - Narrative Writing
A nurse appeared in the doorway. “Johnny,” she said quietly, “your mother’s here to see you.”
Johnny opened his eyes. At first they were wide with surprise, then they darkened. “I don’t want to see her,” he said firmly.
“She’s your mother.”
“I said I don’t want to see her.” His voice was rising. “She’s probably come to tell me about all the trouble I’m causing her and about how glad her and the old man’ll be when I’m dead. Well, tell her to leave me alone. For once” –his voice broke- “for once just to leave me alone.” He was struggling to sit up, but he suddenly gasped, went whiter than the pillowcase, and passed out cold.
The nurse hurried me out the door. “I was afraid of something like this if he saw anyone.”
From page 122 (word count: 136)
1. Your narrative must include both dialogue and the description of at least one character's thoughts.
2. Correct punctuation and paragraphing. This includes quotations with dialogue. (Use your punctuation notes in your notebook as a guide.)
3. Your narrative must be between 130-150 words (counted).