Filling out your Foldable Notebook: In your foldable notebook, create Type 3 vocabulary cards for each word.
On the top of the flap, draw a sketch that illustrates what the word means to you.
Under the flap, write the definition of the word.
Next to the flap, write a sentence that uses the vocabulary word correctly.
FCA#1: Illustration (2 pts)
FCA#2: Definition (2 pts)
FCA#3: Word used correctly in a sentence (6pts)
- theme: a message about life or human nature that the writer shares with
- summary: a shortened version of a text that
highlights its key points
- relevant: closely connected or
- central idea: the most important idea about a
- interpretation: an individual's understanding
- source: a text from which information is
- opposing: two things that work against one
- viewpoint: someone's perspective on the
- textual evidence: explicit details offered to support an
- fact: a statement that can be proven or
- analyze: to examine carefully and in
- organization: the way ideas and information are
- preview: providing information in advance about what's
- informative: explains an idea or teaches a process