1. What new threats have been revealed in the arena? Which wedge do you think has the most horrific design? Explain. (Update your arena map.)
2. List the ways various characters have tried to save Peeta. Why conclusion does Katniss come to based on their actions?
3. Explain how Katniss's attitude towards Johanna Mason has changed. What does Katniss mean when she says, "I have heard her and can never think about her again in the same way."
4. Exit Slip - Making inferences- Johanna Mason
1. Reality meets television
Make a T-chart. Record 3 events that are genuine, and 3 events that are just for show.
2. Working together to stay alive.
Record how each character helps #TeamKatniss survive in the arena.
Update your conflict chart by recording a conflict for each category: character vs. character, nature, society and self.
Explain how the author attempts to create suspense in chapters 20 and 21.
Explain how the author attempts to create humor in chapters 20 and 21.
6. Symbolism: Update your mockingjay symbol chart.
Where do we see mockingjays? What do they represent?
1. Finish Chapter 18
2. Movie installment #3
3. Comparing Book to Film
Complete your summary.
Minute 47-1:12 (book chapters 13-18)
3 Describe 3 things the movie helped you visualize
2 Identify 2 differences between the book and the movie
1 Choose 1 event or detail that was not included in the movie.
Explain why you would have included it.
Today we are going to complete an assessment over chapters 8-14.
You must attempt to answer ALL questions. The Level 4 question serves
as a comprehension check as well as a writing assessment. *Be sure to
think about what good writers do: think about how you are going to organize
your paragraphs, write in complete sentences that make sense, provide an
introduction and conclusion.
You will have today and tomorrow to complete your test.
When you finish your test, work in your notebook:
1. Complete any missing chapter summaries
2. Complete your character traits graphic organizer
3. Update your conflict chart
When all test are finished, we will read Chapter 15