- Kim - Analyzing Story Elements: Analyze how events provoke a character to make a decision
- 2. Ana - Making Inferences: Make an inference and cite evidence to support your thinking
- Wendell - Story Elements: Analyze how events provoke a character to make a decision & and Theme: determine a theme and support your thinking with evidence form the text
Finding Themes in Literature
Student Generated Themes (chapters 1-3)
1. Look over the lists of possible theme
2. Record 3 themes you think relate to our book. (If you need to revise or edit the way the theme is written, please do.)
3. Record how you think each theme relates to the book.
Group Theme Place Mat Activity
2. As a group come to a consensus (agreement) - which theme is the strongest.
3. As a group - recored how the theme relates to the novel.