- M.V. Use common Greek or Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word.
- C&D Come to discussions prepared, having read or researched material under study; explicitly draw on that preparation by referring to evidence on the topic or text to prove and reflect on ideas under discussion.
- C&D Acknowledge new information expressed by others and, when warranted, qualify or justify your own views in light of evidence presented.
Ped- = Foot: A Root Word Sort & Exploration
Whole Class Matching
Independent Word Exploration (choose 2)
- Vocabulary words defined correctly
- Illustration makes sense
- Word is used correctly in a sentence
- Clear connection made between word and root meaning
Whole Class Review - "I Have Who Has"
Test Your Self - Individual Assessment
Group Writing Task