1.Warm UP 2. Unit 1 Vocabulary
Roberto Clemente: Baseball Superstar and Humanitarian
Type 2: Using text evidence, write 3 lines explaining why Roberto Clemente was considered an American Hero.
Vocabulary List 1
- internal conflict: a struggle that takes place within a character's own mind
- external conflict: a struggle between a character and an outside force: character, nature, society
- protagonist: the main character of a story; changes by the end of the plot
- antagonist: a force working against the protagonist/ main character
- character traits: qualities shown by a character: looks, actions, attitude
Vocabulary List 2
- mood: the feeling or atmosphere the writer creates
- tone: expresses the attitude
- irony: a contrast between appearance and reality; between what we expect and what we get
- suspense: feeling of growing tension or excitement
- humor: a quality that provokes laughter or amusement
On the top half of your page, draw the plot line. Be sure to number and label each stage. Use the bottom half of your page to define the 5 stages of plot.
1. exposition: introduces the characters and setting; reveals possible conflict
2. rising action: develops the conflict or struggle
3. climax: the stage of greatest interest
4. falling action: shows how the conflict is resolved 5. resolution: reveals the story's final outcome; ties up loose ends.