1. Review Argument Writing Learning Goals/Targets
2. Argument: Should There Be a Fee for Plastic Bags?
Argument Writing - Learning Targets/Goals
The Plastic Bag Debate
Should There Be a Fee or Tax on Plastic Bags?
Steps to Writing a Level 3 Argument
- Read both sides of the argument. Highlight key "text evidence" and write your reason for highlighting in the margins.
- Decide which side to argue? Which argument presents the best reasons? The best evidence?
- TTQA (Turn The Question Around) to make your claim.
- Use your graphic organizers to record your reasons, text evidence, sources and explanations. (Use your Smartphone argument to help you.)
- Write your final draft. Be sure to: skip lines, indent your paragraphs, and put your text evidence in "quotations."
When you finish:
2. Vocabulary.com - Finish "therm list." If you are done with that list, work on "100 Words Every Middle School Student Should Know."