1. Library Check Out
2. Long Walk to Water, chapters 2 & 3
Long Walk to Water: Chapters 2 & 3
your name on your paper.
1. When given the choice between the line of men and the line of children,
Salva chooses the men's line even though he is only eleven years old.
What does this say about Salva?
2. Mood is the overall feeling or atmosphere the author creates. What is
the mood of chapter 2? What events or details help create this mood?
3. Describe how Salva treats the older woman he comes across in chapter 3.
What does this tell us about Dinka culture?
4. Why would it be more dangerous for the old woman to travel with Salva? Explain your answer.