1. Inference Practice
2. Analyze a text using the A.C.E. method
3. X Files - Point of View
2. What clues support your inference?
3. What background knowledge helped you to
understand this cartoon?
Analyze a Text Using the A.C.E. Method
Point of View - The X Files: Bad Blood
episode we are told a story twice, each time being from a different
character's point of view.
1. After the first character tells the story from her perspective,
we will record the information she tells us, her tone, what
events she witnesses, and any other details we note.
2. Next, we will generate a list of questions we have. What
information are we missing, when we only hear the story
from the 1st person's perspective?
3. As we watch the story being told a second time, we will
record our new observations. What information does this
character reveal to us? What is his tone? Which questions
did he answer for us?
4. After the video, we will compare and contrast the two
versions and reflect on why Point of View is important in a story.