1. Review "roots"
2. "therm" word sort
3. Review Test: Therm (heat, temperature)
4. Complete Foldable: Greek & Latin roots (list 1)
5. Roots Review Game
Greek & Latin Roots Review - what is a word root?
The root therm = relates to heat or termperature
- endothermic = heated from within the body
- exothermic = requires heat to be absorbed from outside the body
- therm = a unit of heat equal to 1,000 great calories
- thermal = related to heat or temperature
- thermodynamic = caused or operated by heat that has changed into different forms of energy
- thermograph = a device that automatically writes down (records) changes in temperature
- thermometer = an instrument that measures temperature or heat
- thermophile = an organism that has adapted to living in very high temperatures (heat), such as bacteria or algae
- thermos = a container that is used to keep things warm, such as your soup; a double-walled container that keeps things warm
- thermostat = a device used to control the temperature
Review Test: therm = heat, temperature
Greek & Latin Roots Foldable
list that use the defined roots. Your goal is to list at least 1 word for each
root. As you list your words, think about how the word relates to the meaning
of the root.