1. Review Theme Learning Targets & Goals
2. Topics addressed in Catching Fire
3. Turning topics into themes
4. Supporting themes with text evidence
Catching Fire Theme Toss Activity
relevant to Catching Fire
2. As a class: generate possible themes based on the topics listed.
How do we know if we have a stong theme?
text to support the theme. (Examples need to come from
multiple characters, setting and plot.)
Theme Tree Practice
As a class, select a stong theme. Fill in the theme tree with multiple pieces of text evidence. Text evidence should be written in complete sentences.
Bloom Ball Circle #7
Circle #7 Should contain the definition of "theme" and a 5-7 sentence paragraph (or create a detailed theme tree) explaining what you think is the most importat theme in this book. Provide seveal examples of how that theme relates to the characters, setting or events.