2. Topic Video
3. Guided Practice
Should schools give summer homework?
Learning Goal: Write a multi-paragraph argument that supports
a claim with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
Today's Learning Targets:
1. Use a graphic organizer to support a claim with relevant, cited
2. Use a graphic organizer to develop our ideas by explaining
how your evidence supports your claim.
Guided Practice - Should Schools Give Summer Homework?
On your own you will fill out the following on your graphic organizer:
- Pick a side to argue and state your claim
- Provide two pieces of cited "text evidence"
- Provide an explanation of how each piece of evidence supports your claim
- Provided a cited piece of text evidence as a counter claim
- Provide your response to the counter claim.