1. Review yesterday's topic: Are Smart Phones Making Us Stupid
2. A Second Read Through
3. Citing Evidence - "Direct Quotes"
4. Supporting Our Evidence - Explanation & Clarification
Review: Are Smartphones Making Us Stupid?
A Second Read Through: What stood out to you?
Learning Goal: Write a multi-paragraph argument that supports
a claim with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
Today's Learning Targets:
1. Use a graphic organizer to support our claim with relevant
2. Use a graphic organizer to develop our ideas by explaining
how your evidence supports your claim.
Citing Text Evidence in a Paragraph
One more video...
Supporting Text Evidence - Explanation & Clarification
how the evidence supports your claim. Your explanation should
be one or two well-developed sentences, written in your own words.
Maintain a formal writing style. Avoid using "I think" or "I chose
this evidence because."