1. Independent Reading (15 minutes)
2. Assemble Notebooks
3. Vocabulary Notes
4. Unit 4 Learning Targets and Goals
5. Identifying elements of an argument
Independent Reading Time (15 minutes)
2. Unit 3 Vocabulary
3. Evaluating Arguments: Learning Targets & Goals
Unit 4 Vocabulary Notes
Unit 4 Learning Targets and Goals
What seems to be really confusing?
The Argumentative Essay
Evaluating Arguments: Delineating an argument and specific claims (L2) - Are Extreme Sports Too Dangerous for Kids?
extreme sports are too dangerous for kids and list 2 reasons
why someone might think that they are not too dangerous.
1. Read the section: Extremely Dangerous. "Cite" 2 pieces of text evidence
that would support the claim that extreme sports are too dangerous for kids.
2. Read the section: Worth the Risks. "Cite 2 pieces of text evidence that would support the claim that extreme sports are not too dangerous for kids.
3. On the line provided at the bottom of your worksheet: T.T.Q.A. (Turn the
question around) and state which claim you would argue based ONLY on the evidence provided in the text. (Think about which side offered the strongest evidence.)