1. Theme review video
2. Theme temperature check
3. Catching Fire - Chapter 19 & Summary
4. Theme Self-Reflection
5. Catching Fire Theme Toss Activity
Analyzing Theme: Learning Targets and Goals
Review Video: Finding Themes
Theme Temperature Check
1. Determine the theme of a text
2. Explain how characters' actions support the theme
Read the short story about Beth and her grandma and answer the questions that follow.
When you finish, turn your paper in and read Catching Fire, Chapter 19. We will go over your responses tomorrow when everyone is finished.
Catching Fire: Chapter 19, page 267
Look at the SRG scoring rubric. Based on the SRG criteria, where do you think you are in terms of your current understanding about analyzing theme? Use language from teh Learning Targets adn Goals to reflect on your understanding.
- Based on the rubric, I woudl give myself an SRG score of _______________
- I fell that I understand...
- To improve my score, I need to work on...
- My definition of theme is...