1. Computer Cart Expectations
2. Exploring Weebly
3. Assemble Notebooks
4. Define Unit 2 Vocabulary - Story Elements
2. If this is your 1st time logging in this year, your password is your birthdate -
you will then be asked to change your password.
3. Go to our class website: misslewisreading.weebly.com
4. Hover over "Daily Work" and a dropdown menu will appear.
Click on "Student Links"
Unit 2 Vocabulary - Story Elements
- characterization - the way a writer creates and developed characters
- internal conflict - a struggle that takes place within a character's own mind
- external conflict: a struggle between a character and an outside force: character, nature, society
- protagonist: the main character or the character the reader identifies with
- antagonist: the character that stands in opposition of the main character
- dialogue - a conversation between two characters
- suspense - a feeling of excitement about the unknown that the author creates
- tone - an expression of attitude
- irony - a contrast between appearance and reality; what is expected and what we get
- mood - the feeling or atmosphere the author creates