1. Bioglyph Projects
2. Assemble Notebooks
3. Define Unit 1 Vocabulary Terms
Bioglyph Project - How good are you at following written directions?
Bio Poem - Tell us a little bit more about yourself.
Unit 1 Academic Vocabulary Definitions
correct tab in your notebook.
Analyzing Central Ideas
- analyze - to examine carefully in detail
- central idea - a message about a specific topic
- relevant - closely connected or appropriate
- irrelevant - not connected to a topic
- (textual) evidence - explicit details offered to support an idea
- inference - a logical conclusion based on facts an one's own knowledge and experience
- cite - to quote as evidence to support a statement or argument
- paraphrase - to briefly retell the main idea of a text one's own words
- source - a person or document that supplies information