1. Review Learning Targets & Goals
2. Write an agrument (identify reasons and text evidence, outline your ideas, write your paper)
You will need your hanging folder and a pencil.
Argument Writing Learning Targets & Goals
Should Parents Monitor Their Kids' Digital Lives?
Write Your Argument
1. Read the article "Should Parents Monitor Their Kids' Digital Lives" from Scholastic Magazine. Based on the evidence provided in the article, choose which side you would like to support in your argument. (highlight text evidence in your article & write your reasons in the margins of your article)
2. Use the graphic organizer to outline your ideas. Include a clear claim, reasons, text evidence, sources and an explanation of hour your evidence supports your claim. Be sure to address your counterclaim and end with a strong conclusion.
3. Use your completed outline to guide you as you write out your essay. You may use any of your former essays as a guide.
4. When you are finished, staple your article, outline and essay together and turn it everyting in.