1. Video: "I Kept Walking - Salva Dut"
2. Partner: What is the theme of this video?
3. Brainstorm supporting text evidence
4. Analyze theme and plan writing using an outline
Learning Goals & Targets
Constructing Writing (2C) Plan writing using a template or graphic organizer
Success Criteria for Theme
- Theme is stated in a complete sentence
- 3 examples "cited" or paraphrased that support the theme
- Each example has an explanation of how it supports the theme
Success Criteria for Constructing Writing
- Body paragraphs of the organizer are filled out
- Paragraphs are written in complete sentences that make sense
- Transitions are used
Salva Dut: I Kept Walking
What is the theme of this video?
Peer Evaluate: Body Paragraphs
- Topic sentences is written in a complete sentnece
- Evidence is "cited" (word for word) or paraphrased (summarized)
- Explanation tells why the event was difficult
- Explanation tells why the character did not give up
- Transition words or phrases are used.